A day-long strike at American Axle & Mfg. Inc., which led to the closure of at least three General Motors Corp. plants, is over as a tentative agreement is reached between the supplier and the United Auto Workers union. An American Axle spokeswoman says she expects workers to begin reporting today (Feb. 27) for the second shift. Some 6,500 American Axle workers went on strike at 12:01 a.m. Feb. 26, when contract negotiations between the supplier and UAW officials failed to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"American Axle Strike Settled, GM Affected" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.