NEW YORK – AMG will flex its muscle this year when it offers V-12 engines in two models this summer, says Robert F. Allan, manager of AMG products at Mercedes-Benz USA. The AMG option packages add about 25% to 35% to the price of a car, Allan says, and that brings in big bucks for MBUSA. In 2003, 5% of the Mercedes vehicles sold in the U.S. were AMG models. Allan doesn't predict skyrocketing growth for AMG-enhanced units, because production is limited to what a small group of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AMG to Roll Out Big Guns Later This Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.