The Amicus trade union is set to stage a 24-hour strike Jan. 26 at Land Rover’s Solihull and Gaydon plants in the West Midlands region of the U.K. Amicus says the strike will demonstrate its displeasure with Land Rover’s proposal for a 6.5% wage hike over a 2-year period. The union says the offer would not be equivalent to the wages Jaguar workers are earning at U.K. manufacturing sites and is asking Land Rover to reopen negotiations. Both Land Rover and Jaguar are owned by Ford Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Amicus to Stage 24-Hour Strike at Land Rover, Wants Talks With Ghosn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.