NEW YORK – The Korean sales juggernaut will continue to roll, as Hyundai/Kia grabs a 10% share of annual light-vehicle by 2016, putting the pair on a par with Honda and Nissan in the U.S. market, IHS Automotive says. Hyundai and Kia will be “big winners” in the next five years, George Magliano, IHS senior principal auto economist, tells the International Motor Press Assn. here. He also says overall light-vehicle sales could rebound to 18 million units by 2014 – a 20% leap over the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Analyst: Hyundai/Kia to Pull Even With Nissan, Honda by 2016" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.