DEARBORN – Is Mexico or China a better investment when it comes to lower-cost auto production? That depends on the objective, industry experts say here at a recent conference on doing business in the two countries sponsored by MexicoNow magazine. When it comes to exporting, Mexico logistically holds the upper hand for North American-based auto makers and parts suppliers due to its proximity to the U.S. market, analysts say. But the scales tip in favor of China if lower labor costs is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Analysts Debate Merits of China Vs. Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.