WINDSOR, ON â€“ Russiaâ€™s scrappage program should not be limited to passenger cars, says OAO GAZ President and CEO Bo Andersson. Russia this week announced RR10.5 billion ($340 million) in additional funding for an incentive scheme that rewards consumers with RR50,000 ($1,578) on trade-ins 10 years or older. The government originally set aside RR10 billion ($324 million) for the program, enough to cover 200,000 vehicles, but that money nearly is gone. To date, the main beneficiary has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Andersson: Expand Scope of Russiaâ€™s Scrappage Program" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.