ANHUI province — Anhui province edges itself into first place among China's top nine machinery producing provinces with record auto sales. The automotive industry here last year reports 73% year-on-year growth, with a 156% rise in sales. Profits saw a 35% increase. Officials here attribute the success to the province's efforts to readjust the product mix, reorganize companies and develop new products.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Anhui sets automotive sales record for 1998; sees profits increase 35%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.