A vehicle onboard diagnostic system (OBD) telematics link now is offered by a California company so that motorists can learn what is wrong with their vehicle before scheduling a repair shop visit. That system, made by San Diego’s Networkcar, now will compete with Mechanic Net Group, Fremont, CA, which has developed the software to support a similar system. MechanicNet tells Ward’s that an onboard telematics unit, linked to the OBD system, costs between $500 and $1,000 and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Another OBD Telematics System Offered" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.