U.S. automotive sales remained at historically strong levels in April, as growth continued for a select few — including Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. and the bottom 14% of the industry — while five of the Top Six sellers suffered declines. Light-vehicle sales fell from the same year-ago period for the seventh consecutive month in April, while maintaining a healthy 16.6 million seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR). April sales totaled 1.347 million units, for a daily rate of 53,882 that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"April U.S. Sales Down But Still Strong; Toyota Close to 10% Share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.