DETROIT -- So long Area 51. Hello to the “Technology Village.” The Society of Automotive Engineers, facing the mass exodus of major Tier 1 suppliers from last year’s World Congress in Detroit, designated part of this newly freed up space for exhibitors to show their advanced technology to customers in private, away from the prying eyes of competitors. The four cubicles, dubbed Area 51 in reference to the government’s top-secret proving grounds in the Southwest, were located in the middle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Area 51 Gives Way to Technology Village" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.