Arizona Attorney General Janet Napolitano wants Ford Motor Co. to recall hundreds of thousands of Crown Victorias, including those being used as police cruisers, because she says they are prone to leak fuel and catch fire if rear-ended at high speeds. At issue is the location of the Crown Victoria’s fuel tank, which is behind the rear axle. Ford says the vehicles have passed its own, more stringent rear-end crash tests of 50 mph (80 km) vs. the 30-mph (48-km) tests conducted by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Arizona Official Wants Ford Police Cars Recalled" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.