SAN FRANCISCO – Subaru of America Inc. is not dropping super cyclist Lance Armstrong as its spokesman, but the auto maker no longer will use the 6-time Tour de France winner in television commercials. Rumors surfaced in March that Armstrong would not be included in Subaru’s latest advertising efforts. (See related story: Armstrong May Be Out as Subaru Spokesman) “You’ll see him this summer,” promises Tim Bennett, Subaru advertising director. “He’ll be doing non-TV work for us, but he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Armstrong, Subaru Still Riding Together" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.