Ford Motor Co. is recalling 703,000 '96-'98 model Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique cars due to potential electrical problems that could make the instrument panel lighting, parking and tail lamps inoperable. • The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. is investigating General Motors Corp.'s '97-'99 full-size truck platforms due to complaints about unusual power-steering behavior. Vehicles affected include the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups and Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.