DaimlerChrysler AG (DC) and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. confirm the companies' top three executives are meeting in Tokyo to discuss possible “cooperation projects.” Press reports have Nissan soliciting a $1.7 billion-$2.7 billion capital investment from DC, equal to a 20%-30% stake. • Kenneth R. Baker, known as “the father of the EV1,” says he'll retire from General Motors Corp. effective Feb. 1. Mr. Baker served as general manager of the GM EV Program from 1990-1993 and was in charge of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.