Continued slow sales of Saturn LS models is forcing Saturn Corp. to cut the second shift effective June 12 at the Wilmington, DE, assembly plant, idling 490 workers. The move will cut annual capacity to 80,000-100,000 cars, from 200,000 now. • The European Commission clears the way for Ford Motor Co.'s Volvo to buy a controlling stake in Autonova from Britain's TWR. Volvo reportedly plans to buy another 26% of Autonova, which produces C70 coupes and convertibles for Volvo, in 2003 from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.