Citing a lack of engineering and other resources, General Motors Corp. has quietly shelved plans to produce a 6-door Suburban. A spokesman says a prototype was built, but the company was not satisfied with the results. GM is evaluating other ideas to improve access to the vehicle’s third row of seats, he says. • Ford Motor Co. Chief Financial Officer Martin Inglis does his best during a media briefing on third quarter earnings to squelch growing speculation that Chief Executive Jacques ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Around the Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.