The Environmental Protection Agency says it will consider DaimlerChrysler AG's PT Cruiser a car for emissions compliance purposes. DC isn't concerned about meeting car emissions regulations with the Neon-based PT Cruiser, but it does want the vehicle classified as a truck by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. for corporate average fuel economy purposes. A NHTSA ruling isn't likely for several months. • Ford Motor Co.'s Escape sport/utility will head to Europe as the Maverick. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.