Adam Opel AG confirms it will build a new continuously variable transmission (CVT) at its plant in Szentgotthard, Hungary. Opel will invest $151 million in the project and begin production in 2001. Capacity is pegged at 250,000 units annually. • Mazda Motor of America agrees to pay a $5.25 million fine for allegedly violating U.S. government orders in its advertising for cars and trucks, the Federal Trade Commission says. The FCC alleges Mazda used “small and unreadable print” for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.