General Motors Corp. again denies it is talking with Magna International Inc. about selling the supplier its Ste. Therese, Que., plant (see Ward's Automotive Reports — May 31, '99 p.4). But a GM of Canada Ltd. spokesman declined to say whether GM and Magna were discussing assembly plans for elsewhere in Canada. The topic resurfaced last week after the Toronto Globe and Mail reported a CBC television crew inadvertently recorded Magna Chairman Frank Stronach privately saying, “We're talking to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.