Ford Motor Co. is delaying launch of its Wingcast in-vehicle communications service until mid-2002 from a previously planned introduction later this year. A spokesman says the Wingcast technology is complicated and Ford prefers a short delay in launch to get it right. • M. Scott Ulnick, senior partner at market research company Ducker Worldwide, says telematics is nothing more than a “novelty item” and a “niche product for the high-end user.” He tells attendees at the 2001 Detroit Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.