DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s Tom Sidlik, in charge of Chrysler purchasing, denies rumors he plans to leave the automaker for a job as chief financial officer at Ford Motor Co. “I've never heard one word from anyone at Ford,” Mr. Sidlik tells Ward's. • Mitsubishi Motors Corp. and AB Volvo say they'll join forces on commercial vehicles. Plans call for MMC to spin off its truck operations by 2002 and for Volvo to take a 19.9% stake in the new company. Volvo also would acquire 1% of MMC now and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.