Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is giving serious consideration to building a larger pickup at its Smyrna, TN, plant. Nissan sources say the vehicle “most likely wouldn't be a full-size pickup,” but something more equivalent in size to the Dodge Dakota. • Ford Motor Co. decided to scrap announcement last week of a plan to increase V-8 engine production at its Windsor, Ont. engine plant (see Ward's Automotive Reports — March 15, '99, p.1) — but that doesn't mean it won't happen. The automaker now ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.