General Motors Corp. says financier Carl Icahn plans to take a significant stake in the automaker. Exactly how big a stake Mr. Icahn will acquire is unclear. The company says Mr. Icahn plans to buy more than $15 million worth of stock, but less than 15% of outstanding shares. • The United Steelworkers of America has put Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. on notice that contract extensions covering 8,000 workers at nine locals will be terminated in 14 days. Negotiations for a new contract have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.