General Motors Corp. Chief Executive Rick Wagoner says the global cost-reduction initiative launched in December has produced more than 2,300 cost-cutting ideas from suppliers — more than half from North America. The program splits savings 35/65 between the supplier and GM. • The Society of Automotive Engineers Exposition in Detroit last week produced word of several new supplier contracts. Among them: American Axle & Mfg. Inc. says its new SmartBar electronically controlled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.