The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says another 29 deaths have been linked to faulty Firestone tires, bringing the total number of fatalities related to tread separations and blowouts to 148. NHTSA says five of the newly reported deaths involved models of tires not covered by the August recall but included in a September NHTSA consumer warning. • Falling U.S. sales in November prompt General Motors Corp. to cut finance rates on its minivans to compete with lower rates being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.