Philippe Paillart, chairman and chief executive of Ford Credit resigns. Mr. Paillart, who was in the position only 13 months, will serve as president of Ford's financial services unit January. Ford Credit says it will name a new head in the coming weeks. • Sport/utility vehicle registrations nearly doubled between 1992 and 1997, according to a survey by the U.S. Commerce Dept.'s Census Bureau. The survey estimated a total of 13.8 million SUVs in the U. S. in 1997, up from 7.1 million in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.