Martin Winterkorn, member of the Volkswagen AG board responsible for research and development, does not call the upcoming ’03 model under development with Porsche AG a sport/utility vehicle. He refers to it as an "off-road car," confirming it will use the unique 6L W-12 engine earmarked for VW’s D1 luxury sedan. The new model will bow in Detroit in January and hit the market in the ’03 model year. • Mazda Motor Corp.’s new rotary engine for the RX-8 meets current U.S. (and Japan) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Around the Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.