Hogen Ho, executive chairman of the corporate restructuring committee of Daewoo Group, tells Ward's that Ford Motor Co. has a “gentleman's agreement” to complete its deal to buy Daewoo Motor within eight weeks of its preliminary bid on June 26. He also will not object if Ford allows Hyundai Motors Co. Ltd. to take a minority share of Daewoo. The successful bidder will get all of Daewoo Motor's assets at a bargain price, and none of its debts, he says. • David E. Cole, who founded the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642