Ford Motor Co. scraps plans to sell its Milan, MI, plastic bumper operations to a newly formed joint venture between Visteon Automotive Systems and LDM Technologies Inc. due to opposition from the United Auto Workers union, according to published reports. • Ford Motor Co. Chairman William Clay Ford Jr., and Chief Executive Jac Nasser say the government's Corporate Average Fuel Economy standard (CAFE) isn't working. Ford's two top executives believe Congress should scrap CAFE and that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.