General Motors Corp. will invest C$100 million in its Oshawa, Ont., stamping plant to expand the facility by 77,000 sq.-ft. (to 587,000 sq.-ft.) and refurbish two existing press lines. Most of the facility's stampings go to GM's Oshawa assembly plants. • A insider says Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.'s design center in Farmington Hills, MI., has had a steady stream of applicants since the company announced plans to hire 1,000 engineers to design some 22 new vehicles by 2003, and to work on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.