BMW AG recalls its 3 series sedans due to problems with side air bags. Faulty software could cause the safety devices to deploy if the car hits a curb. The recall affects 280,000 vehicles worldwide and could cost the automaker $8 million. General Motors Corp. recalls some '98 Cadillac Sevilles built in August 1998 and about 35,000 '99 Sevilles due to an electrical short in the generator that may cause engine fires. DaimlerChrysler Corp. recalls 996,939 '94-'95 minivans to perform an air bag ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.