Backers and detractors of a National Academies of Sciences (NAS) report on the effectiveness of corporate average fuel economy standards (CAFE) will have their say Oct. 5 in Washington, D.C. The report, expected to influence Bush Admin. policy, calls for more stringent regulations. But automakers say its supporting arguments are flawed. • Following the lead of the Big Three, American Suzuki Motor Corp. announces financing of 0% for up to 60 months on all ’01 models. • In the wake of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Around the Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.