AB Volvo shareholders were expected to approve Ford Motor Co.'s $6.45 billion bid Monday (March 8) for Volvo's car division. Ron Zarrella, president of General Motors Corp.'s North American Operations, says Ford overpaid to get a Swedish company. “I feel buying Volvo means Ford had no intention of making Lincoln Mercury a global luxury brand,” he says. • Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. is hiking prices of most of its '99 model cars and trucks by 0.3%, or $63, on a sales-weighed basis. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.