Kia Motors America recalls over 102,000 '98 and '99 model year Sephia compact sedans to replace fuel pump connectors that could cause engines to stall. • Toyota Motor Corp. says it built 1 million vehicles in North America in 1999, a 10.3% increase over 1998. Toyota says an increase in production of the Solara coupe and the addition of the Tundra pickup helped push the company over the 1 million mark. Toyota says it plans to increase North American annual capacity to 1.45 million cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.