Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. separately raise incentives on 20 U.S. vehicles. Ford adds a $500 rebate on the '00 Taurus and boosts the cash rebate on the Crown Victoria sedan to $1,500 from $1,250. Ford also doubles the Econoline van rebate to $1,000. Meanwhile, GM adds a $1,000 rebate on the Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick Regal cars, up from $500, and $2,000 on the Chevrolet Blazer and GMC Jimmy sport/utility vehicles, up from $1,500. • DaimlerChrysler AG is refusing to comment ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.