The new Jaguar S-Type is already on sale in the U.S., but that isn't stopping Ford Motor Co. from making changes. Ford engineers already are hard at work tweaking the sedan's all-new 5-speed transmission. Ford sources say a top executive didn't like the way the car's current transmission shifted and ordered changes made. Journalists who had driven the car before it went on sale had similar concerns over smoothness, especially from gear two to three. The S-Type went on sale in Europe in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.