BMW AG says it will build a $12 million parts distribution center in Mississippi. The 200,000-sq.-ft. facility will employ some 60 people and is scheduled to open in 2000. It will supply dealerships. • Delphi Automotive Systems and AlliedSignal Truck Brake Systems form a strategic alliance to develop and manufacture Delphi's next-generation Bendix antilock brake system. • The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. says it will spend $57 million to expand its tire plant in Valleyfield, Que. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.