General Motors Corp. Vice Chairman Harry J. Pearce is retiring to become vice chairman of Hughes Electronics, signaling the deal to separate the high tech unit from owner GM is close to being finalized. Succession scenarios since rumors began circulating about a month ago include moving Ron Zarrella, GM North America chief, into the vice chairman's slot and replacing him with either GM SPO General Manager John F. Smith or e-GM President Mark Hogan. A less likely possibility is hiring an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.