Ford Motor Co. will show its '02 SVT Focus 2L 170-hp engine, the first collaboration on a production powerplant for North America with its Cosworth Technology subsidiary, at this week's Society of Automotive Engineers exhibition in Detroit. The powerplant features variable valve timing and an under-body-only catalyst system. Ford won't feature the Cosworth name on U.S.-market Focus SVTs, but the operation could get billing in Europe where the car will be sold as the Focus ST170. Only 7,500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.