Workers at the Magna Integram plant near Windsor, Ont. voted last week 317-285 in favor of a union. Fifty-four of the ballots, however, are “contested” and will be reviewed by the Ontario Labour Relations Board prior to a final ruling, expected sometime in late November, a Canadian Auto Workers spokesman says. Organization of the Magna International Inc. plant was a sticking point in the recent CAW-DaimlerChrysler AG labor talks (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Oct. 11, '99, p.3). • ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.