General Motors Corp. says it should realize a pre-tax gain of some $2.2 billion from the sale last week of Hughes Electronics Corp.'s space and communications unit to Boeing. GM owns 68% of Hughes' stock. • The European Commission likely will fine DaimlerChrysler AG in the next few months over alleged violations of European Union antitrust rules, Reuters reports citing sources. It's been speculated that the fine probably would top $100 million. • Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. says it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AROUND THE INDUSTRY" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.