Wes Vance doesn't want to reopen old wounds, but he would like to clear his company's name. The president of the exhaust division of Arvin Industries Inc. says his company was unfairly blamed for horsepower deficiencies identified by owners of Ford Motor Co.'s '99 Mustang SVT Cobra. Owners complained the Cobra didn't generate the advertised 320 hp, and Ford attributed much of the problem to excessive backpressure in the Arvin-supplied exhaust system. The Cobra apparently was coming up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Arvin Wants to Clear the Air" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.