ArvinMeritor Inc. says its suppliers will have to improve their quality or face possible loss of business, as the Troy, MI, company prepares to slash nearly two-thirds of its partsmakers. At the end of 2000, ArvinMeritor had 2,709 direct parts suppliers worldwide, and that number already has been whittled to 2,365. By September 2002, ArvinMeritor expects to have 1,842 suppliers. By 2006, ArvinMeritor wants to purchase parts and materials from not more than 1,000 companies. ArvinMeritor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ArvinMeritor Gets Tough With Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.