SULLY-SUR-LOIRE, France – Interest in plastic among ArvinMeritor Inc.'s potential customer base has skyrocketed recently due to consistently high steel prices. Charlie Hopson, vice president-engineering for door systems worldwide, tells Ward's the supplier has seen spiked interest in plastic components since the beginning of May. ArvinMeritor's plastic door module is three years away. The interest comes as ArvinMeritor starts showing its Highly Integrated Plastic (HIP) door module ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ArvinMeritor Shops Plastic Door Module" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.