Lagging North American heavy-truck and automobile production is forcing ArvinMeritor Inc. to slash 1,500 jobs, or about 4% of its 36,500-member workforce. The Troy, MI-based supplier announced the move last week along with a 56% drop in fiscal fourth quarter earnings but declined to comment on where or when the cuts will occur. ArvinMeritor, like many auto parts makers, has struggled in recent months due to falling demand for replacement parts and Ford Motor Co.'s reduced production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ArvinMeritor to Slash 1,500 Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.