An unusual “shootout” is taking shape in California over Ford Motor Co.’s refusal to allow publicly owned Asbury Automotive Group to buy one of its San Diego stores. Robert H. Baker Rebuffed multi-franchise dealer Robert H. Baker has taken the matter to the powerful California New Motor Vehicle Board (NVMB). The board, three of whose members are franchised dealers, has scheduled a hearing for March 17 in Sacramento. The case is called “University Ford dba Bob Baker Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Asbury, Ford Fight It Out" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.