General Motors Corp. has tapped a loyal supplier, roof systems specialist ASC Inc., to help launch the Chevrolet SSR sporty retro roadster pickup it will begin building in 2002. GM's Lansing, MI, Craft Centre is the likely plant to assemble the vehicle, sources say. ASC is providing engineering assistance in preparing the vehicle for production and also could oversee assembly. Final approvals are expected as early as this week. ASC already has a lot of experience at the Craft Centre. Its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ASC, Craft Centre Likely to Get SSR" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.