VIENNA – Pilot production of the Skoda Octavia is under way at Kazakhstan's sole car assembly plant, ZAO Asia Avto. Regular assembly from semi-knocked-down kits supplied from Volkswagen AG's Czech subsidiary, Skoda Auto a.s., will begin in late August. Asia Avto expects to produce about 500 first-generation Octavias by year's end. “The basic Octavia with 1.6L engine will be priced at about €10,000 ($12,095) in the Kazakh market,” says Oleg Alferov, Asia Avto vice president-development ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Asia Avto Launches Skoda Octavia Pilot Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.