MMC eyes building at DC plant in Beijing BEIJING — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. says in published reports that it is considering building vehicles at DaimlerChrysler AG's Jeep plant in Beijing if China imposes tariffs on Japanese imports. Mitsubishi, 34%-owned by DaimlerChrysler, currently builds some 10,000 Pajero sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) annually through a joint venture in China. DC, whose plant has a capacity of 100,000 units annually, has been struggling to keep the plant viable. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ASIA/PACIFIC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.