Mack Trucks Inc. hopes to sell its shuttered Pleasant Grove, UT, assembly plant by year's end, possibly as early as August, according to city officials. “We'll be selling the equipment and the facility,” confirms a Mack spokesman. Mack purchased the facility in 1989 and made heavy-duty front-discharge cement mixers there. But the company started to phase out production in September 1998, when it was apparent a partnership to make the Class 8 trucks was eminent with Oshkosh Truck Corp. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assembly Plant Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.